For those wishing to see the rattlesnake in it's natural habitat, we offer guided hunts. To register for a guided hunt, you need to show up early on the day you wish to hunt and sign up with hunter registration located at the back of the coliseum by weigh in. You will also need the proper permits and courage. Groups of 15-30 people will be escorted from the coliseum at approximately 9:30 a.m. to a local area ranch to actually hunt rattlesnakes. We recommend wearing boots, jeans, and a comfortable shirt. You will be out in the environment anywhere from 4-8 hours and our weather is known to change dramatically with little warning. Purchase of your own equipment is encouraged. Guides normally carry extra but not enough for everyone. You will be in your own vehicle, so bring extra clothing, and what ever else you wish **No firearms**. Hunters will travel caravan-style to the selected ranch. Any snakes caught can either be donated or sold to the Jaycees. The cost of the hunt is currently $75 per day.
- Texas General Hunting license (Resident or non-resident)
- A Non-game stamp Guided hunt pre-sale tickets
- Your own vehicle (you will follow the guide to the ranch, maps will be provided in case you get lost) for Fri. or Sat. or Sun
- Boots, jeans, comfortable shirt, jacket, gloves
- Food and drink (plan on an 8 hour adventure)
- Snake catching equipment (optional)
- If you ordered a pre-sale ticket, you must bring the print-out of your ticket with your name on it, and a valid form of ID, so it can be checked off of our master list.